What are the types of ceramic tiles?
The world of ceramic tiles is huge and luxurious. Filled with seemingly endless product choices and style options, ceramic tiles enhance the aesthetics of a space. In particular, there are three types of ceramic tiles Melbourne — glazed, unglazed and porcelain.
Glazed ceramic tiles are coated with glass-forming minerals and ceramic stains.
Unglazed ceramic tiles are hard, dense, and offer more protection than glazed ceramic tiles. Last, but not least porcelain tiles form the most durable and stylish type.
Why use ceramic tiles?
There are multiple reasons as to why ceramic tiles are great for your floors and walls. Some of which are:
- Ceramic tiles don’t stain.
- They don’t burn.
- They are durable yet stylish.
- They are waterproof, non-absorbent and easy to clean.
- They are resistant to virtually any type of chemical.
- They are scratch and crack resistant.
- They are anti-static.
- They are environmentally compatible.
What are the characteristics of ceramic tiles?
Important characteristics of ceramic tiles are as follows:
- Dirt Resistant – Ceramic tiles don’t retain dust or dirt. They are extremely easy to clean and very hygienic.
- Stain Resistance – Ceramic tiles resist moisture exceptionally well, and therefore, depict stain resistant qualities.
- Slip/Skid Resistance – Ceramic tiles are hard, dense and slip-resistant.
- Colour Permanence – Ceramic tiles retain their colour exceptionally well. When exposed to sunlight or chemicals, these tiles remain colourfast.
- Luxurious Appearance – Ceramic tiles come in multiple designs and make a luxurious statement.
Which tiles are the best for flooring?
Ceramic tiles are best for flooring because they are non-porous and do not absorb stains. They are highly resistant against pollen, dust, and other types of allergens. Which means simply wiping them with a mop will be enough to clean them.